Click here for more.

10/20/11

2-year-old Girl Brutally Run Over Twice; 18 People Pass Without Helping



In running this site, I have had the pleasure of writing a lot of funny articles, but I have also had the horrific burden of reporting some of the saddest stories I have ever seen from Asia.

A recent story is one of the saddest yet and has me so upset, I can barely write it.



Yue Yuem, a two-year-old innocent girl, was simply walking in an alleyway when she was hit by a van on October 13th in Huangqi, China. The van driver did not even bother to get out before simply running her over again and driving off, fleeing the scene.

In the seven minutes that followed, a total of 18 people walked by the body of the two-year-old, none stopping to see if she was okay or call for help. In addition, another driver ran over her body without stopping and also fled the scene.

It was not until an older homeless woman named Ayi came along that young Yue Yuem was even checked, by which point she was severely injured and limp. Ayi called for help, and finally, the mother came and rushed the girl to the hospital.

EDIT: Some additional information from ABC’s article:

Chen Xianmei is the 57-year-old woman who moved Qu’s daughter Yue Yue to the side of a road and called for help in Foshan, Guangdong province, last Thursday after eighteen pedestrians and cyclists passed right by the little girl.

“I was picking up trash in the hardware market when I saw a child lying in the road. I walked up in a hurry to the girl and heard her groan. I lifted her up and saw that one of her eyes was closed, that she had tears in her eyes, and she was bleeding from her mouth, nose and the back of her head,” Chen told China Daily.
“I wanted to carry her but she was soft and collapsed immediately. I was scared to try again and so I dragged her to the side of the road and shouted for help. But nobody showed up,” Chen was quoted in Yangcheng Evening News as saying.

The following video is extremely graphic and not for most people to view, but we felt it was important to include it.




Yue Yuem is still in critical condition in the hospital, but has already been declared completely brain dead.

Police have not found the original driver of the van, which is why we decided to write about this, but have caught the second person who ran Yue Yuem over.

I can only hope that those people who ignored this poor two-year-old girl dying on the road, and the people that ran her over, are all brought to justice in some way, shape or form.


 

Copyright © I am an Asian Girl Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger